Traveling through Italy taught me how quick and easy it is to cook pasta with fresh ingredients. Of course sitting at a side walk trattoria off of the Piazza Narvona gives GREAT inspiration! If you've never cooked with fresh spinach you will be surprised at how much it wilts and cooks down - so don't be intimidated by the 3 cups used in this recipe. Top this pasta dish with a couple of grilled chicken breasts, or the oh so very Italian bistecca, and you've got one fantastic speedy meal! ENJOY!
Bacon Florentine Pasta
Bacon Spaghetti Florentine is a quick and easy pasta dinner made with your favorite pasta, bacon, spinach, onions, garlic, and a mixture of Italian cheeses.
- 12 ounce package any style pasta
- 6 slices of center cut bacon
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Italian cheeses (Mozzarella, Parmesan, Asiago)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Italian parsley, optional
WHAT TO DO
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Drain, except for about 1 tablespoon bacon fat.
- Add onion and cook for about 3 or 4 minutes until softened. Add minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and stir for about 2 or 3 minutes until it is wilted.
- Add shredded cheese and cream, and toss to evenly distribute ingredients.
- Top with Italian parsley if you choose.
THE DOMESTIC CURATOR