So easy and decadent, this pie couldn't be any simpler—all you need is whipped cream, caramel candies, pie crust, pecans, and chocolate. This rich dessert is another one of my blue ribbon winners, and I'm very proud of it. It's straightforward enough to make for every day but special enough to serve guests or take to a potluck.
PRALINE TURTLE PIE
You will surely appease your friends and family with this wonderful pie.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 36 caramels (about 14 ounces)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Unroll pie crust onto a 9" pie pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Line the pie crust with parchment paper and pie weights or dried beans and bake for 8 minutes. Remove weights and paper; bake 5-6 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. In a large saucepan, combine caramels and 1/2 cup cream and cook over medium-low heat until caramels are melted. Stir in pecans. Spread filling evenly into prepared crust.
- In a microwave safe bowl add the chocolate chips and butter. Microwave in 30 second increments until smooth and melted, stirring in between. Using a fork, drizzle pecans with melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- You must serve with whipped cream! It cuts the sweetness and makes the pie. No joke!
The Domestic Curator