Quick and easy to pull together, these delicious and nutritious fruit pizzas are a wonderful go-to breakfast. But honestly, they are a wonderful treat anytime of day.
Most fruit pizza recipes start with a sugar cookie crust, which really drags the healthy factor way down. Here we are using multigrain waffles (find them in the freezer section of your grocery store) as the crust, they are a total hit in our house. Crispy, crunchy and flavorful, they're a much better alternative to sugar cookies -- and they're quick to prepare if you are on the run!
A simple whipped mixture of cream cheese, sugar and a touch of vanilla provides a sweet and creamy contrast to your favorite fruits and berries. You really only need a very thin layer, and any extra can be refrigerated for future use. If you want to forgo the cream cheese mixture, you might try using Greek yogurt instead.
I love that this healthy fruit pizza recipe is so easy to customize! Choosing in season fruits and berries creates the most flavorful fruit pizza. Top with fresh raspberries, blueberries, kiwi, and a drizzle of local honey, this is one of my favorite snacks! Use your favorite fruits and get creative!!
Healthy Fresh Fruit Breakfast Pizza
- 1 pkg. multigrain waffles
- 1 pkg. (8-oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Assorted fresh fruits and berries
- Honey (optional)
- Cook your waffles in a toaster according to the instructions on the package, and allow them to cool.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture on the cooked waffles. Top with your favorite sliced fresh fruit and berries. Drizzle with a bit of honey if desired.
- Refrigerate any remaining cream cheese mixture for future use.
The Domestic Curator