A fun variation on an old classic, my favorite sandwich, the BLT.
I don't add mayo to my version of this pizza. However, if you're a purist, mix a little mayo and olive oil and add to the crust before the mozzarella. There are no right and wrongs here! Make this pizza your own and enjoy!
Super simple to make and great anytime of day!! Enjoy!
SERVES 2 - 4
- 1/2 pound pizza dough, make you're own or buy from the market
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella cheese, torn
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or adjust for your liking
- 8 slices center-cut bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 cups shredded romaine lettuce, I used 2+ cups; I love lettuce
- sliced red onion, optional; original recipe doesn't call for this but I like red onion on my BLT's
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface roll the dough thin.
- Transfer to an oiled baking sheet or pizza stone, drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake 8-12 mins till golden.
- Remove from oven and top with the fresh mozzarella and red pepper flakes. Let the cheese melt a bit under the broiler (2 to 3 minutes) before topping with the bacon, halved cherry tomatoes and lettuce; red onions optional.
- Serve immediately.
The Domestic Curator
Original recipe via: What's Gabby Cooking?