Here's how you take the basic Chocolate Chip Cookie up a notch! Meet the coolest cookie in town, featuring mini peanut butter cups, honey-roasted peanuts, peanut butter and, of course, chocolate chips. These loaded cookies will be gone before you know it, so you might want to bake two batches! If you love the chocolate and peanut butter flavor combo, this cookie is for you! ENJOY!
MAKES 6 DOZEN COOKIES
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup bite-sized unwrapped miniature chocolate-covered peanut butter cups
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter, shortening, and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.
- Stir in any remaining flour, the peanut butter cups, chocolate pieces, and peanuts.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
TO STORE COOKIES: Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
THE DOMESTIC CURATOR