I first tasted this dreamy delight at NYC's Magnolia Bakery. We went in for cupcakes and came out with this cool and creamy chocolate cake, along with a copy of The Magnolia Bakery's cookbook.
If you are skeptical that four ingredients can magically turn into something rich and delicious overnight, I hear you. But don't be! Let’s just say your skepticism will vanished when you eat your first piece for breakfast — 'cause you know you will! ENJOY!
- 4 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 (9-ounce) packages Chocolate Wafer Cookies
- Toppings such as Unsweetened Cocoa, Chocolate Shavings, Sprinkles; Optional
- With an electric or stand mixer, beat cream, sugar and vanilla until stiff.
- On a serving platter of your choice, arrange 7 cookies in a circle.
- Spread the first row of cookies with a thick layer of whipped cream.
- Repeat with remaining cookies and cream. Cover top layer with cream.
- Cover and allow to sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- Garnish as desired before serving.
- If you want to go EXTRA-SUPER EASY, use store bought Cool Whip instead of whipping your own cream!
- Oreos are great in place of these chocolate wafers.
- Add a layer of Jello chocolate pudding.
- Cream cheese is also great added in; it gives this cake the taste of a cheesecake.
- I have a friend that layers ice cream sandwiches with the whipped cream. It ain't bad my friends!
- There are NO mistakes. Add what your family likes, leave out the rest.