Did you have an exciting week in your home?
Ours was busy, yet extremely low-key, which I love. Here's a short review:
1. Me plus my atrocious computer skills spelled disaster this week. Somehow I deleted ALL of the photos from the last couple of weeks of blog posts. I freaked out. Then massive stress set in as Mr.P tried to help me figure out what in the world I had done. Long story short, it had to do with Google+. It was a stupid mistake. I dealt with the stress. Replaced my photos. And the lesson I learned was priceless! Looking forward to the days ahead where I know better!
2. I went to the dermatologist this past Tuesday. Thank goodness for my high pain tolerance. He burned off 26 seborrheic keratoses spots, which are hereditary — thanks Mother. And one basal cell carcinoma. I have a follow-up visit but in the meantime, I look lovely.
3. Here's my favorite video from this past week. It reminds me so much of my grandfather, JD Hudson. Like the gentleman in the video, he is also 95, a WWII veteran — he served in the South Pacific, and can still wear his uniform. This dear veteran is cheering on these marathon runners as they pass his home. Soon the marathon runners stop to thank him for his service to our country. It's so sweet — enjoy.
4. It was HAPPY COUSINS DAY this last week. Did you miss it? Here are two of my sweet cousins, Amy and Abby. These lovely women are remarkable people — they must get it from their mother, she's pretty wonderful! Life is sweeter when you really love your family. I am blessed!
5. On Wednesday, Mr.P and I had a 'strong' discussion over CNN vs. FOX news. We both have firm convictions, and voice them probably more often than we should. We talk about everything from politics to toilet paper — which sometimes are one in the same! I didn't think Mr.P was being objective enough on a certain issue, he disagreed. This is what we do. It's certainly not boring in our household. Not to worry, we do agree on the most important of issues!
6. I found a new recipe that I am completely and utterly in love with: Blueberry, Brie and Lemon Curd Grilled Cheese Sandwiches from Two Peas & Their Pod. The name and picture says it all. Check it out for yourself!
7. I did a bit of 'thrifting' this week. One of my favorite pastimes. I am on the hunt for a dining room table, chairs and maybe a china hutch. I am looking forward to E heading back to university in a few weeks, at which time I plan to overhaul my dining room. Mr.P is not particularly looking forward to painting, but it will be great! If you're looking for something new — to you — as well, here's a short list of my favorite furniture consignment shops in DFW.
8. I finally received an e-mail from Hobby Lobby on Thursday, informing me that the Red, White and Blue Flag Hearts I had on back order had come in! YEAH! The Christmas tree in our guestroom is decorated in a patriotic theme. The glass flag hearts will make a great addition. This week at Hobby Lobby, all glass items are half-price; costing me only $2.99 a piece for these ornaments. I'm thrilled! If you're interested, you can find them here.
9. My big-hearted parents came to town on Friday and we met up for dinner. Since I looked like I have leprosy, after my dermatology appointment earlier in the week, we decided to eat downtown. Surely we won't run in to anyone we know. Yeah, well that never works for me. As luck would have it, we were sitting close to the door as four friends walked in! But you know, good friends don't care. We had a nice visit, a wonderful meal and much laughter. Mr.P and I ended our evening at the Half-Price 'flagship' Bookstore on Northwest Highway and Central. A little coffee. A little reading. A little shopping. I love this book store. I passed a display of Christmas cards — yes — and I've been humming Christmas tunes ever since!
10. During my free time this week I have been trying to finish going through last years vacation photos. I don't know if I'm that far behind or if it's that I travel with a man who can take 7,000 photos in 3 short weeks. Here is one of my favorites. E caught Mr.P and I strolling down the Champs Élysées, perfection!