MARKET FRESH CORN AND TOMATO SALAD
The ingredients for this salad are simple: fresh ears of corn, bacon, red onion, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and Italian parsley. The only seasonings are cider vinegar, olive oil, salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Simple, classic and deliciously fresh! It is the quintessential summer salad — great for outdoor Texas BBQ's or Sunday dinner!
SERVES 4 - 6
- 1 tablespoon Extra Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 3 cups Corn Kernels, cut from about 6 cooked ears of corn
- 20 Cherry or Grape tomatoes, red or yellow or combined, cut in half
- 4 - 6 slices thick cut Hickory Smoked Bacon, chopped, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped Red Onion
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Basil Leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Flat-Leaf Italian Parsley, chopped
WHAT TO DO
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the oil and vinegar with salt and pepper to taste to form a dressing.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and toss to coat with the dressing.
- Taste, and season if necessary.
- Serve immediately. If you are not serving this salad right away, do not add the salad dressing, basil and parsley; cover and refrigerate. Toss salad ingredients with salad dressing and herbs right before serving.