This is an easy, go-to recipe that I have pulled out many times over for my family and it's a huge hit every time. With great flavor and that comfort food factor that we all love so well it is one of the top ten meals I make. It has a Florentine flair with cheese tortellini, spinach, tomato and basil in a creamy sauce. I found this recipe back in 1990 along with all of the Pillsbury Bake-Off recipes and I just knew it had to be good and it was and still is! I serve this with Parmesan Chicken and a green salad - it's Jared's FAVORITE meal! Hope your family enjoys it as well!
- 2 (9-oz.) pkg. refrigerated or 1 (19-oz.) pkg. frozen cheese-filled tortellini
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (9-oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed, undrained
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
WHAT TO DO
- Cook tortellini to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; cook about 4 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add spinach, tomato, basil, salt and pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in whipping cream and cheese. Cook until mixture just comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in cooked tortellini. Cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. If desired, serve with additional Parmesan cheese.
This chicken recipe is versatile, I serve it with a few different meals.
Mr.P and the kids love it and it's easy to cook - that's good enough for me!
- 4 boneless, skinless Chicken breast, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoon Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
WHAT TO DO
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper or non-stick foil; set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a shallow bowl; set aside.
- Dip each chicken breast in melted butter and then into breadcrumb mixture, place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes.
~THE DOMESTIC CURATOR~