When quick cooking is required on a weeknight, broiling can solve your dinner dilemma and this juicy broiled chicken is one of my favorites. It's quick, easy and the family loves it - that's all you need to know to understand that this is a much valued recipe at my house. The lemon-butter sauce is flavored with oregano, lemon pepper, paprika and a splash of citrus. Round out your meal nicely with a rice pilaf and green salad. ENJOY!
Broiled Herb Chicken with Lemon-Butter Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (3- to 3 1/2-lb.) broiler-fryer, cut into pieces
- Lemon-Butter Sauce
- Combine 1 tsp. salt and next 5 ingredients.
- Arrange chicken pieces, skin side down, on a lightly greased rack on an aluminum foil-lined roasting pan. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 2 tsp. salt mixture.
- Broil 7 to 8 inches from heat 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Turn chicken pieces, and sprinkle evenly with remaining salt mixture. Broil 8 to 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion of white meat registers 170° and dark meat registers 180°.
- Serve with Lemon-Butter Sauce.
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Stir together all ingredients.
- Drizzle over and serve along-side of chicken.
This delicious and juicy chicken served with rice and salad can be prepared in about 30 minutes making it the perfect weeknight meal. Hope your little family enjoys this recipe as much as mine!
~THE DOMESTIC CURATOR~
,oregano, lemon-pepper, paprika,citrus,broiled-chicken,lemon-butter-sauce,quick,easy,week-night-meal,family,juicy,