Here in Texas it may be September, but Summer isn't over just yet which means that I can still squeeze in some more salads. Especially if they contain juicy grilled chicken like this Southwestern Grilled Chicken Salad with Chipotle Cilantro Lime Dressing! I have been totally obsessed with eating salads this summer and this fresh cilantro-chipotle-lime-chicken salad is my favorite! I had left over salad dressing in the fridge this past weekend and wanted to make this scrumptious salad at least once more before it went bad. This simple salad uses fresh Summer produce including corn, tomatoes, avocados, red bell peppers and cilantro. Adding the chipotle cilantro lime dressing and the grilled chicken, that go particularly well together, makes this salad a nice mix of sweet, juicy, peppery and creamy. Add what you like, leave off what you don't and make this salad your own. What a great way to enjoy some of the last amazing fresh veggies of Summer!
Southwestern Grilled Chicken Salad
with Chipotle-Cilantro Lime Dressing
Jam packed with fresh flavor, this IS the perfect salad!
MAKES 10 SERVINGS
- 1/2 cup Lime Juice
- 1/3 cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 2-3 Chipotle Chilies in Adobo Sauce, Chopped
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package Romaine Lettuce, shredded
- 5 Plum Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small Purple Onion, chopped OR 4 Green Onions, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 Avocados, chopped
- 4 Grilled Chicken Breast, chopped or shredded
- 1 (8-ounce) package Shredded Mexican 4-Cheese Blend, optional
- 1 (15-ounce) can Whole Kernel Corn, cut from the cob or frozen
- 1 (6-ounce) can Sliced Ripe Olives, drained
- 2 cups Crushed Tortilla Chips, optional
- Garnish: Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- Process first 8 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Layer lettuce and next 10 ingredients in a 4-quart bowl.
- Pour as much or as little vinaigrette as you like over salad just before serving, and gently toss. Refrigerate this rest. It will last up to a week in the coldest part of the fridge.
- Garnish, if desired, and serve immediately.
~THE DOMESTIC CURATOR~