I recently joined Weight Watchers. I'm sure many of you have been there, in fact I have been there before myself. Through the many years of child rearing and most recently menopause, the number on my scale has slowly crept up. I figured before it went any higher I better rope it in. I must tell you - I LOVE WW. I like the idea of being able to eat anything I want, just not everything in the same day. I don't want to miss out on celebrations, socials or cut entire food groups out of my life just for the sake of fitting into my clothes. If I want the cake, I'm going to eat the cake - life is too short. And
I also want to lose the guilt. With the WW balanced approach to eating, I am able to savor my indulgences without agonizing about it. I know the plan works for me because I lost 55 pounds many ears ago on WW. I don't want to drink my meals or eat out of a box. And on the days when there is no time to cook it's nice to know that it's okay to stop and pick up an order of quesadillas. However, when I do have the time to cook there are a few favorite meals Mr.P and I particularly enjoy, this Chicken Spinach Pizza being one of them. It's a little something I came up with ages ago, I hope you enjoy.
CHICKEN SPINACH PIZZA
MAKES 4 PERSONAL-SIZED PIZZAS
MAKES 4 PERSONAL-SIZED PIZZAS
- 4 Whole-wheat Pita Bread
- Olive Oil Spray
- Dried Italian Seasonings
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 cup Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 10 ounce Pkg. Frozen Chopped Spinach, thawed and thoroughly squeezed dry
- 12 ounces (4 small breast) Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, shredded or chopped
- 1/2 cup Roasted Red Pepper, jarred or fresh
- 1/2 cup Sliced Mushrooms, jarred or fresh
- 1 Small Red Onion, cut into rings
- 1 cup Part-skim Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
WHAT TO DO
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with non-stick foil.
- Using your hands, squeeze all excess water from the spinach, set aside. This is SO important, you don't want a soggy pizza!
- Spray one side of the pita breads with Olive oil spray and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, pepper and a pinch of salt; place this side down on a baking sheet that's covered with non-stick foil.
- Spread 1/4 cup Ricotta cheese on each pita. Divide the spinach 4 ways layering on top of Ricotta cheese. Sprinkle with Italian seasonings, pepper and salt. Divide Chicken and next 4 ingredients among the pita pizzas, again topping with Italian seasoning, pepper and salt.
- Cook in heated oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and pizza heated through.
Whole-wheat bread brings with it the nutritional benefits of the whole grain’s bran and germ. When shopping for whole-wheat bread, look for the word “whole” before “wheat flour” on the ingredient list on the label. If it just says “wheat flour,” then it is not whole wheat.
1 Chicken Spinach Pizza is 8 WW Points Plus. I always eat mine with an insanely large salad - filled with all things good and no points! I wish you much success if you are on a similar journey and I'll keep you posted!
~THE DOMESTIC CURATOR~